One of my strongest inspirations is establishing equity within the arts. Within my education and experience as an artist, I found that only a set vision of what was deemed attractive was shown; Within my experience a fashion illustrator, I was taught to draw strictly within European beauty standards as it was the standard. But as I became more educated and proud of my own skin, I consumed more media celebrating Black culture and took inspiration from the need to flaunt the beauty that is being black. I think it’s important for all POC in the arts to be represented in all of our glory. All identities, genders, beliefs, and styles should be showcased instead of hidden behind white washing and color-blinding for aesthetics. Representation matters, and in a sense, with my work I’m doing my best to over-represent POC to make up for lost time.
IG - @camieaux
If you're on the lookout for both style and comfort, this fleece sweatshirt is the perfect choice. And with up to 5% recycled polyester in components, you'll be taking a little step closer to a more earth-friendly way of life.
• 50% cotton, 50% polyester (up to 5% recycled polyester, made from plastic bottles)
• Fabric weight: 7.8 oz/y² (264.5 g/m²)
• Patented low-pill, high-stitch density PrintPro® XP fleece
• Double-needle stitched neckline and armholes
• Ribbed cuffs and waistband
• Blank product sourced from Thailand or Vietnam
|Length (inches)||26 ½||27 ½||28 ½||29 ½||30||30 ½|
|Sleeve Length (inches)||34||35 ¼||35 ⅞||36 ⅝||37 ⅜||38 ⅛|